(0 94 42) 27 52
fax (0 94 42) 32 87
Verwaltung der Befreiungshalle Kelheim
(0 94 41) 6 82 07-10
Fax (0 94 41) 6 82 07-20
Mid-March to mid-October:
9 am-5 pm
at 11 am and 3 pm
The castle and the restaurant can only be visited with a ticket for the falconry.
The annual season tickets and 14-days-tickets of the Bavarian Palace Department entitle the bearers to admittance only after the falconry demonstrations.
Overview about all admission charges and opening hours
Only castle courtyard and restaurant accessible
Jagd- und Falknerei- museum/Museum of Hunting and Falconry
Tel. (0 94 42) 25 97
| top |
Rosenburg Castle, probably built in the middle of the 12th century, was acquired by the Dukes of Bavaria in 1196, and from then on remained in the hands of the House of Wittelsbach.
The core of this large complex is Romanesque; it was twice destroyed and rebuilt and in 1525 first acquired its present appearance, which is dominated by the residential building in South German Renaissance style with its crow-step gables. Among the highlights is the chapel on the ground floor with wall paintings dating from around 1560.
The castle is now used by a privately run falconry with a Museum of Hunting and Falconry; falconry demonstrations are held in the castle courtyard.
Further information you can get on www.falkenhofrosenburg.de.
| top |