This important Renaissance palace, built in 1605-1614 by Georg Ridinger, served until 1803 as a second official residence for the archbishops and electors of Mainz. It features an art gallery with works by Lucas Cranach the Elder (Branch of the Bavarian State Galleries), the Vestment Chamber of the Palace Church with ecclesiastical vestments from the Mainz Cathedral treasury, the Princes' Apartments with neoclassical furnishings and the Municipal Palace Museum.
One particularly unusual attraction is the world's largest collection of cork architectural models, detailed reproductions of famous buildings from ancient Rome.
Live pictures of the Johannisburg Palace:
The following rooms are available for your events:
For details please choose a room by clicking on the picture or on the text.
Ridingersaal (Ridinger Hall)
Turmzimmer (Tower Room)
Treppenhalle (Staircase Hall)
Schlosskapelle (Palace Chapel)
Schlosshof (Palace Courtyard)
| top |
Schloss- und Gartenverwaltung Aschaffenburg
(0 60 21) 3 86 57-0
Fax (0 60 21) 3 86 57-16
April-September: 9 am-6 pm
October-March: 10 am-4 pm
1.1., Shrove Tuesday, 24.12., 25.12., 31.12.
Wunderkind – Der Bildhauer
Meisterwerke der Renaissance im Aschaffenburger Schloss
10 May - 7 September 2014
Organizer: Museen der Stadt Aschaffenburg in cooperation with the Bavarian Palace Department
No regular guided tours
5.50 euros regular
4.50 euros reduced
Overview about all admission charges and opening hours
Lift available, please inquire at the cash-desk
Palace Museum (Part of the Museums of the City
tel (0 60 21) 3 86 74-0
Tel. (0 60 21) 1 24 40
Bus to "Stadthalle"
Car parks near the palace and in the Suicardusstraße
| top |